Schick Hotels & Restaurants
Cultural Enjoyment: the Theatres of Vienna
Visit the Burgtheater, Volkstheater, ODEON Theatre & Co
The many theatres in Vienna enrich the cultural scene of the Austrian capital. Look forward to visiting the Burgtheater, the Volkstheater, the Theater in der Josefstadt, the Kammerspiele, the Akademietheater or the ODEON Theatre, located directly next to the Vienna Schick Hotel Stefanie.
All around the five Vienna Schick Hotels you will find numerous theatres in Vienna, which enrich the cultural variety Vienna has to offer with their selection of performances and events. Experience pure cultural enjoyment during your holidays in Austria with an evening at one of the many theatres in Vienna.
Theatres in Vienna: The Burgtheater (Imperial Court Theatre in Vienna)
Located right by the Wiener Ringstrasse the Burgtheater is one of the most important theatres in Vienna enjoying an excellent reputation far beyond the borders of Austria. Throughout the year excellent productions of well known authors and directors are on the programme, including those of Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, William Shakespeare, Thomas Bernhard and Christoph Schlingensief. Productions specifically tailored to children complete the varied performance programme at the Burgtheater in Vienna.
The Theatre Scene in Vienna
It is nearly impossible to list all the theatres of Vienna. Therefore please take a look at the following Vienna theatre tips created for you by the employees of the Vienna Schick Hotels:
- The Volkstheater lies in direct proximity to the Vienna Museumsquartier and is one of the most popular theatres in Vienna.
- The Theater in der Josefstadt was founded in the 18th century and is known as the oldest performing theatre in Vienna.
- In the Kammerspiele theatres located in the 1st district of Vienna you will experience well known actors on stage time after time: whether Senta Berger, Johannes Heesters or Otto Schenk - all have performed at this popular theatre in Vienna in the past.
- The Burgtheater also includes the Akademietheater in Vienna – which has received the Nestroy Theatre Prize on a regular basis for its productions.
- The many cellar theatres are well worth a visit: especially the Kabarett Simpl, which is so successful that its performances are sold out on a regular basis.
Visit one of the many theatres in Vienna
Experience the cultural variety offered by the many theatres in Vienna at first hand: one of the Vienna Schick Hotels will gladly be your host and will happily accept your hotel booking at any time. See you soon in one of the five Vienna Schick Hotels or one of the many theatres in Vienna!